5 July 2022, Brussels – Today the Global Coalition published the Effectiveness Expert Working Group Position Paper. This paper is informed by discussions of the Global Coalition to Fight Financial Crime, its Effectiveness Steering Committee (ESC) and its four sectoral subgroups which are aligned to the following areas:
- Law enforcement / Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU)
- Financial Services / Fintech / Regtech / Crypto
- Regulatory / Supervisory
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
This paper draws on the expertise of the ESC members and attempts to:
- Identify and synthesize key cross-cutting themes raised in subgroup discussions to date;
- Make recommendations about potential reforms that might improve the effectiveness of the financial crime framework in a way that engages all ecosystem stakeholders in a collaborative framework to fight financial crime in an increasingly digital age.